Header Ads Widget

Responsive Advertisement

Canada's Drag Race: Priyanka Reveals Her Hardest Moment Wasn't Snatch Game

Canada's Drag Race winner Priyanka opens up about the judges' critiques and reveals that her lowest moment in the season was not Snatch Game. The first-ever outing of Canada's Drag Race was a short-and-sweet season filled with talented queer performers, iconic fashion looks, and unforgettable lip syncs. After ten episodes and nine eliminations, Priyanka, Rita Baga, and Scarlett BoBo arrived at the finale with pretty even chances of becoming Canada's First Drag Superstar. At the finale, the three finalists recorded their verses for a remix of RuPaul's "U Wear It Well" and then performed the song as the season's final maxi challenge.

In the end, 28-year-old Priyanka became the first Canada's Drag Race winner of all time. She is also the first-ever Indo-Caribbean winner of the entire franchise. As such, Priyanka is only the second Asian drag performer in history to win an English-speaking season of Drag Race... joining season 3 winner Raja. All season long, Priyanka served beauty, charisma, sense of humor, and fashion to the judges and the fans. She only landed in the bottom 2 twice, but ultimately came out of those lip syncs even stronger than before.

Related: Canada's Drag Race: Lemon Explains Untucked Fight & Skipping US Drag Race

In an exclusive interview with Screen Rant, Priyanka opened up about her journey on Canada's Drag Race. When asked to reflect on her lowest point in the season, Priyanka started: "I didn't expect to be bad at things I'm good at. I thought that I was going to be good at improv and character challenges... but turns out, garbage!" Priyanka then added: "Doing bad on Snatch Game actually didn't hurt me as much as doing bad in the pageant improv challenge did. That's what really took my batteries out of me. I thought that I'd have a redemption with that [second] improv challenge. I was bad once and that's all I had planned for. You want to lip sync at least once to show the girls that you can lip sync... But when I fell in the bottom again, I really, really felt it and became uncertain. I was like, 'Do I have to pack my bags?'"

Nonetheless, Priyanka had a much more optimistic perspective on the Canada's Drag Race judges than most of the fans watching it at home. "The thing is, there was no favoritism. Like, everyone thought that the judges were favoring Rita because she had won so much, but then she ended up being in the bottom. So it was kind of nice to do a challenge each week and not be like, 'Oh, they're probably gonna give it to so-and-so.' You really had an equal shot to win that week." Lastly, Priyanka said the following about her experience with the Canada's Drag Race judges: "I came up in drag through competitions. I'm almost trained to take the critiques and make the best of them. Some people had never done a competition before, like Rita and Tynomi. If you tell me that I should wear a bigger hair, next week I'll just come out with bigger hair. We're there to impress the judges."

It's been a wonderful first season of Canada's Drag Race, and Priyanka is a very fitting, exciting, and deserving winner for the series' inaugural year. Now, the fans have their fingers crossed that the show will be picked up for a second season.

More: Canada's Drag Race: Jimbo Talks Shocking Elimination & Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman

The entire first season of Canada's Drag Race can now be watched on the WOW Presents Plus streaming service.



from ScreenRant - Feed https://ift.tt/2Z8IAqg

Post a Comment

0 Comments